Profhilo Aftercare Advice:
The product is injected in small ‘deposits’, you may be able to see them initially, but they settle usually within hours. It may be possible to feel the product where it has been injected under the skin. It will settle, there is no need to massage.
- Make-up should not be worn for 12 hours
- You are advised to avoid alcohol and vigorous exercise for 48 hours
- Avoid sun bathing, and extremes of heat or cold for 14 days post treatment.
Any bruising may take a few days to appear, arnica can be helpful in clearing bruising. It is advisable to avoid aspirin and alcohol for 12-48 hours after treatment.
- Tenderness should settle as swelling and bruising goes down.
Symptoms to report:
- Please contact the academy / clinic if redness, tenderness, itching or swelling worsens after 3 days, rather than settling.
- Blanching, mottled bruising/redness, or pain (beyond tenderness as you would expect with bruising or swelling).
- Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction can include shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, difficulty swallowing, swelling of the tongue, eyelids, lips, hoarseness of the voice, stomach pain, nausea or diarrhoea. If you have any of the above symptoms please report to your nearest Accident and Emergency Department or call 999 for an ambulance.