You should always work to the following Code which is recognised within the industry
- Always work within the law
- Do not ever treat or claim to be able to treat a medical condition – any concerns should be referred to their GP
- Client confidentiality should be respected at all times.
- Always show respect for related professions by referring clients appropriately, i.e. to a GP, Chiropodist etc.
- Always maintain high standards of hygiene and safety in your work
- Ensure that where necessary certain treatments are only undertaken with written permission of the client’s GP
- Always be respectful and helpful where possible to other beauty therapists
- You should never try to take other therapists’ clients or undermine their work/ability.
- You should always undertake your work in a principled manner, particularly when working with members of the opposite sex.