The practitioner should also adopt high standards of personal image to avoid cross infection at all times:
- Always wash hands, preferably with an antibacterial soap prior to the treatment and ensure nails are clean
- Long hair should be tied back
- Take regular showers
- Prevent body odour by using deodorant
- Clean teeth twice a day and have regular dental checks
- Avoid eating heavily spiced foods before each treatment
- Keep fingernails short and don’t wear polish.
- Wear minimal make up and no jewellery
- Don’t use strongly fragranced perfumes.
- Wash hands with anti-bacterial soap between each treatment.